Shipping Your Vehicle Overseas?
Here are some things to consider before hand
Shipping Your Vehicle Overseas
Here at Seahorse Express we are committed to your success when shipping your vehicles overseas, whether is your first time or not, or if you are shipping one vehicles overseas or hundreds.
That is why we are want be as accessible to any potential new customer or current.
So, whenever you have a question regarding shipping vehicles overseas, is better to have those questions answer before you begin the process and save time, money, and many headaches.
So, when arranging to transport a vehicle overseas, there are a few things you should consider and prepare for
- Get familiar with the laws and regulations not only of the United States, but also of the destination country, regarding the import of vehicles and the fees you must pay
- Every country has different laws regarding the types of vehicles that can be imported and/or exported which by the way can be change without notice; Many countries don’t allow vehicles after certain age to be imported and for the ones that can be imported the value of the vehicles and the size of the engine will be used to determine the tariffs, taxes, or duties.
- The Department of Homeland Security’s US. Customs and Border Protection regulates good leaving the country to ensure they are legitimated, you should check the US requirements for exporting motor vehicles.
- You should always determine ahead of time who would be providing customs clearance service and determine ahead what items are cover and which ones are not and the cost of the services.
Ensure that you are working with a properly licensed international shipping company
Ensure that your vehicles are properly prepared for an ocean move.
- Make sure your vehicles are properly drained of all liquids like gasoline, oil, and potential hazardous liquids
- Disconnect and remove the battery
- And check whether your vehicle can be used for additional packing space
- Determine what documentation will be needed to be provided for export of the vehicle
If you have any questions or concerns, seek help
We are available to assist you with any issue or question that might arise as part of moving your vehicle.
Contact us at 201 955-1199